Wafer paper flowers with Swarovski crystal centers. Each of these were made one petal at a time and I made over 200 of them for a 7 tiered wedding cake delivered last month to the @omnimontelucia The cake was inspired from the Bride's gorgeous wedding dress! The texture on the cake along with the sparkle of the crystals was truly magical! Seeing it come together made all of the tedious detail work so worth it!
9 2602:14 PM Mar 30, 2017
Yesterday I attended the Wedding Symposium held at the beautiful @omnimontelucia and just like last year I left there feeling extremely motivated, rejuvenated, and more focused to keep moving my business forward. I've struggled a lot, and I mean a lot, this past year with trying to handle the pressure I have put on myself to be perfect and successful. I create beautiful things. This is what you see on my newsfeed. This is what I choose to show you. The beautiful things I create are just 5% of what I do but it's the reason I do what I do. The remaining 95% is the hard work behind the scenes. The hard work that leaves me feeling anxious, overwhelmed, stressed, unfulfilled, and many days completely isolated and alone. It was comforting to know that my industry peers understand me the most and have overcome some of these same feelings and struggles. As I drove home yesterday all I could think about was how much I admire and look up to @jennithye of @instaimoni and how thankful I am to have worked with her this past year. She is a true leader. She has no idea the impact she has made on me personally and on my business. I hope to give back to her one day but I know that true leaders don't lead expecting anything in return. I will certainly try though. I have posted this picture before but this cake meant so much to me; as it was delivered to the @omnimontelucia for my first wedding with Jenni last spring. Thank you @jennithye for trusting me and more importantly for rooting for me. I promise to always give you my all and always "show up" just like you always do. I can't wait until next year's #azwedsym!
This was the final sketch for last weekend's wedding cake. The cake was actually black but I wanted my clients to see the line detailing so I sketched it in white. One of my favorite parts of my process is delivering the cake to the wedding venue. There's something magical that happens seeing my creation placed where it is meant to sit. When I delivered this cake, it belonged. In fact, I don't think there's any other wedding in history this cake would've been able to be displayed at and made perfect sense. That is what I love most about my job. Designing and creating one-of-a-kind cakes that are only meant to be at that one unique event. Thank you @revelweddingcompany for bringing me on board for this wedding! I'm so grateful and felt lucky to be a small part of it!
22 2514:41 PM Mar 11, 2017
Even tiny details can make a huge impact and no detail goes unnoticed with my cake designs. These piped pearls were honestly very therapeutic but most people wouldn't have the patience. I could pipe all day long!
When I met with a couple whose wedding design concept included red orbs as a main element I was so inspired to create a cake to match. I had to do a lot of testing and trials to create this cake. I molded chocolate spheres and dipped balloons in colored gelatin; and because they were translucent I was able to light them up with red LED lights. With an all black fondant backdrop, and an untraditional way of stacking the square tiers, this was truly one-of-a-kind. My clients always inspire my cake designs and it's my job to create something that could only be placed at their unique event. This couple was unlike any other, their wedding was unlike anything I've ever seen, and their cake was unlike anything I've ever created.